Pages

Friday 6 April 2012

First outfit DONE !!!

Hey guys,

Still working on my fashion show designs.  My first outfit is officially complete !  Yay !!!
Je suis toujours en train de préparer le défilé de mode.  Mon premier ensemble est complet !  Youpi !

I already had my tie-skirt and my little hat but I needed a cute top.  I started wanting a solid bright red top but then I thought that was not me.  I like bold and kind of mismatched fabrics.  So I bought a used men's XXL short sleeved shirt and here is what it looked like:
J'avais déjà ma jupe-cravate et mon petit chapeau mais j'avais besoin d'un joli haut.  Au début, je voulais un haut rouge uni mais ensuite, je me suis dit que ce n'était pas moi.  J'aime les tissus mélangés et voyants.  Alors j'ai acheté une chemise d'homme à manches courtes XXL:


 I used one of my previous patterns that I really like but I made from a stretchy top previously.
J'ai utilisé un de mes patrons que j'aime beaucoup et que j'avais déjà fait avec un t-shirt.

I put my refashioned top on the inside out men's shirt:
J'ai mis mon haut reconstruit sur ma chemise:



Then, I cut the pieces, sewed down the button plackets and sewed the pieces.  The pattern is easy but very confusing.  In fact, I had sewn it wrong so I had to unpick the seams and sew them again.  After 15 minutes more, I had this top:
Ensuite, j'ai coupé les morceaux, cousu les bandes de boutonnières.  Le patron est facile mais mélangeant, ce qui fait que je l'ai cousu à l'envers !  J'ai dû le découdre et le recoudre et après 15 minutes, j'avais ce haut:

Much more feminine !

And here is my whole outfit for the fashion show :
Et voici mon ensemble complet pour le défilé:


This is SO ME !!!  Mismatched, cutsy and with a sixties feel !   I am rather proud of it all.  In fact, I also have a messenger bag to go with it, in the same (pants) fabric than the hat.  I'm also thinking of cutting my long hair.  I have not had it this long in a while and I am looking at a sixties blunt cut to the shoulders (because I like my ponytail), "a-la-Pan-Am".
C'est TELLEMENT MOI !!!  Patché, mignon avec un air des années 60 !  Je suis vraiment fière de moi. En fait, je vais aussi avoir un sac à bandoulière fait avec le même tissu de pantalons que mon chapeau.  Je pense aussi couper mes longs cheveux.  Je ne les ai pas eus aussi longs depuis très longtemps et je veux une coupe au carré des années 60 aux épaules (car j'aime bien ma queue de cheval) à la Pan-Am.

So with this outfit done, here is what is left to do for the fashion show:
Alors voici ce qu'il me reste à faire pour le défilé:

- A top for the raincoat and leggings  - Un haut pour le manteau de pluie et leggings
- the prom dress  - La robe de bal
- a little hat for the little girl  - Un petit chapeau pour la jeune fille
- a fascinator for the prom dress   - Un bibi (mini-chapeau) pour la robe de bal

And a green patch dress for moi, the designer.  And of course, I can't forget about my mountain fo grading... ugh...
Et une robe verte patchée pour la designer !!!  Et ne pas oublier la montagne de correction... ugh...

And I am trying to get my logo digitized so I can embroider it on my clothes (I hate tags !)
Et j'essaie de transformer mon logo en broderie pour que je puisse le placer sur mes vêtements (je déteste les étiquettes !)

I'll post more this week-end.  J'afficherai encore cette fin de semaine.

Peace

Claudia







3 comments:

  1. Hey I saw your post about this at refashion co-op, just wanted to add that you look SO ADORABLE and I love the whole outfit! Very inspiring to me as a beginner, I'm now following your blog, can't wait to see the rest of your fashion show stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following ! I am a new blogger but a veteran blog-follower so it is nice to see I can do a little of what my blog idols are doing for me. I should be posting soon on my prom dress. Stay tuned.

      Delete
  2. Great job on refashioning a plain old man's shirt to a feminine top...

    ReplyDelete