Pages

Saturday 13 August 2016

New Bi-colour Shorts

Helloooooo !
Bonnnnnjour !

Hope everyone is going well.  It has been a VERY hot week and now it is 20 degrees lower and raining...  So, what better time to sew !!!  This morning I have been finishing a pair of shorts that I started a couple of days ago.  The pattern I was using did not have a fly-front zipper so, of course, I had to have one.  I hence tried to install one,,,  THREE times !!!  I finally found a really simple tutorial from Mellysews and it made the cut.  Thank God !  BUT, the material from the original skirts was stretchy and my pattern was for woven material.... ugh...  That means I had to unpick my waistband in the back and ended up taking out more than 2 INCHES from the back and waistband !!! Oh boy !  Finally, I fudged it a bit but it does not much show, so since it is for me, so it is OK.  I would not do that for a client though.
J'espère que tout le monde va bien.  Ici, il a fait TRÈS CHAUD la semaine dernière et maintenant, c'est 20 degrés de moins et il pleut.  Alors, quel meilleur temps de coudre !!!  Ce matin, j'ai enfin terminé une paire de shorts que j'avais débutée il y a quelques jours.  Le patron que j'utilisais n'avait pas de braguette et, évidemment, j'en voulais une.  Alors, après TROIS essais, j'ai réussi à en installer une à l'aide d'un tuto très simple de Mellysews.  Heureusement !  MAIS, le tissu dont les jupes originales étaient faites était extensible et mon patron demandait du tissé... ugh...  Ça veut dire que j'ai du découdre ma ceinture au dos et enlever 5 CM au dos et à la ceinture !!!  Finalement, elle n'est pas parfaite mais comme c'est pour moi, ça va.  Je ne ferais pas ça pour un client par contre.

Here is what I started with:
Voici les jupes originales:




Two very different skirts.  I LOVED the combination of the patterns.  They both were made from a stretchy cotton, so very flattering and forgiving.  The polka dot one was a small A-line, and the other one was a large with bias-cut godets.  I did not take pictures but I had to piece the polka dot part.
Deux jupes très différentes.  J'ADORE la combinaison des motifs.  Les deux jupes étaient faites de cotton ultra extensible, donc très seyantes.  La jupe à pois était de coupe A, taille petite, et l'autre était de taille grande et avec des godets sur le biais.

Here is what I ended up with:
Voici le résultat:





I love how cooky these look !  I used the waistband of the skirt (score !), although I had to take out 2 inches (after the fact).  I love the length, the comfort and the look of these shorts.  I have had those skirts in my stash forever, exactly for a pair of shorts.  Can't wait to rock this at work next week !!!
J'adore l'allure une peu fou-fou de ces shorts !  J'ai utilisé la ceinture de la jupe (Youpi !), mais j'ai du enlever 5 cm (après la couture finale...).  J'adore la longueur, le confort et l'allure de ces shorts.  J'avais ces jupes depuis très longtemps, exactement pout une nouvelle paire de shorts.  J'ai très hâte de les étrenner au travail la semaine prochaine.

What I learned:
Ce que j'ai appris:

- A woven pattern needs to be adapted for stretchy fabric
- Un patron fait pour du tissé doit être adapté pour de l'extensible
- Buttonholes cannot be moved but buttons can...
- Les boutonnières ne peuvent pas être bougées mais les boutons, oui...

My next post will be Week 2 of The Refashion Runway Sewalong: Metallic.  By the way, I am featured in Beth's blog for the Sewalong.
Mon prochain article sera pour la semaine 2 du Refashion Runway Sewalong: Métallique.  En passant, Beth a publié ma robe de velours sur son blog.

Thanks for stopping by and don't hesitate to comment !
Merci d'être passé et n'hésitez pas à commenter !

Peace !

Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment